HOW MUCH DOES BACKPACKING IN VIETNAM COST?
You have already decided - this year you are going to try something new and bold - you are fed up with European resorts, which are getting more and more expensive each year and, amazingly, more crowded. You feel like experiencing new culture, new climate and finally learn how to properly use chopsticks! From my previous post you could find out how to find cheap flights to Vietnam, but you still haven't decided yet. You're not sure if you can afford it, but you already plan your holiday in November - that's perfect! Simply spread your expenses across few months when you still have a lot of time.
I've listed our expenses for an over two-week trip to Vietnam below. We were not lavish, but always making sure we have everything we need.
1. Visa - 60 euro / per person
2. Vaccinates - Jaundice type A and B (4x together), diphtheria, tetanus and typhoid - 200 euro / per person
3. Plane tickets - 877 euro / per 2 persons
4. Accommodation - 227 euro / per 2 persons:
- Phuc Khanh Hotel - 26,6 euro / room for 2 nights
- Mui Ne Backpacker Village - 49,76 euro / room for 3 nights
- Tanh Ha Guesthouse - 25 euro / room for 2 nights
- Sen Viet Phu Quoc Resort, Sport & Spa - 91,50 eur / bungalow for 5 nights
- Kim 2 Hotel - 34,50 eur / room for 2 nights
5. Stay - 556 euro / 2 people:
- renting a scooter- 5-10 eur / per day
- train ticket from Ho Chi Minh to Mui Ne - 15 euro / per person (soft seat)
- bus ticket from Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh - 8,50 euro / per person
- bus ticket from Ho Chi Minh to Can Tho - 2 euro / per person
- bus ticket from Can Tho to Rach Gia - 2 euro / per person
- one-way bus ticket in Ho Chi Minh - 0,10 euro
- taxi ride from Rach Gia do Ha Tien and ferry tickets to Phu Quoc Island - 85 euro / per 2 persons
- entry to War Remnants Museum - 1,20 euro / per person
- one-day trip to Mekong Delta - 23 euro / per person
- Pho soup - 1 euro
- coffee - 0,50 euro
- beer - 1 euro
- taxi - 0,50 euro / per kilometer
TO SUM UP: Altogether we spent around 2183 euro for two people.